Nuclear medicine imaging uses small amounts of radioactive materials called radiotracers that are typically injected into the bloodstream inhaled or swallowed the radiotracer travels through the area being examined and gives off energy in the form of gamma rays which are detected by a special . Nuclear medicine is a medical specialty that uses radioactive tracers radiopharmaceuticals to assess bodily functions and to diagnose and treat disease. Nuclear medicine is the branch of medicine that involves the administration of radioactive substances in order to diagnose and treat disease the scans performed in nuclear medicine are carried . Why am i referred for a nuclear medicine exam what does it entail what are its advantages over other techniques and does it necessarily mean i am seriously ill the answers to your questions
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.